Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting sell I'm sure a few will get a chuckle out of:)

I have a Current Satellite 48" compact fluorescent fixture that has 2 65 watt 6700K bulbs.
The fixture and bulbs are about a year old. It also has two moonlights.

Here is the kicker...the fixture has been sawed in half in order for it to fit into my 29 gallon hood. It will therefore no longer sit on a 48" tank with the legs like it normally would so it needs to be mounted into a hood (or whatever else you can think off). I had to extend the wires inside so one half would be able to lift up in my hood. See the pic to get an idea of what I'm talking about. This normally sells for $110 so considering it is used and sawed in half I'll let it go for $65 shipped. Remember bulbs are included. Also, it may not be ready to ship for a few weeks, depending on when I can move into a new apartment.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wouldn't two 65w lights be way too much for something like a 20gal. the way i see this you have 1 65watt bulb in each part. I would think that means you could chop the wire and have two two seperate 24" fixtures. You would need to a little creative in the wiring but wouldn't something like that work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.