Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I have a lot of nice and natural rocks for sale. I go out and collect rocks for my personal collection often but I find myself with a bunch of extra rocks. I was thinking of throwing it back to where I got them from but I figured you guys may be interested in them. They're very nice and dark! Some are so dark, it's almost black. There are others that are kind of gray as well. You will have to see in the pictures I post up.

I separated them in packages. These packages will have a TYPE (Nano or reg), An approx. weight, how big of a tank these rocks packages are ideal for and price.

Please note that the "gallon" number ONLY applies if you plan on making a rock-ONLY scape. If you are going to use these rocks as additional hardscape, along with woods, then ignore the "gallon" number. For a size reference, look at the measuring tape above.

All prices include flat-rate shipping ($13), which the price will cover.

For more questions, contact me. Custom packages will be available. Please PM me what you are looking for, tank size and the amount of rocks of the sizes you want. I can TRY to fulfill these but I cannot guarantee it. Price will vary.

So far, the rocks I collect will only go for a MAX of 20 gallon rock-ONLY tanks. You can certainly use these rocks for larger tanks but not as the main hardscape. Please keep that in mind! I don't keep large rock/iwagumi tanks, so I don't really collect big rocks. Sorry! Availability depends on whenever I go out to collect rocks. Thanks for looking!

Here's what they look like in action. Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PKG 1 | ~10 lbs | 5-10 gal | $32

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PKG 2 | ~15 lbs | 10-15 gal | $35

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PKG 3 | ~15 lbs | 10-15 gal | $37

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PKG 4 | ~8 lbs | Nano 2.5-10 | $32

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PKG 5 | ~10 lbs | 5-15 gal | $37

Package Reserved for charpark
-Reserved will be open by Nov. 5, 2008 if not claimed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
once again, can you take pictures of these rocks in water? to see the true color,because right now, you bare charging $2-$2.5/lb on rocks you don't specify

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
These are collected rocks from local waterways or rocks you've bought? Also, USPS offers $8.10 flat rate boxes that would fit many of your rock kits. You may want to look into that since it will knock off $3 for the buyer and be easy for you (boxes are free and you can use paypal to print and ship).

If they are collected can you post the type of rocks they are? Many people may unwittingly buy/collect rock that is ill-suited for aquarium use. Many types actually alter the water chemistry and can introduce bacterial films that are very unsightly and hard to get rid of.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's to help out the OP!
I was just over at his place a few days ago to see these rocks in person. They're really something, better than the "Zebra Rock" I got from AFA(AquaForestAquarium), I can tell you that! AFA sells their zebra rocks for $4 a lb.
Attached, are some pics of the rocks I got from him. They're MUCH darker and look much better than the Zebra rocks I got from AFA.

Pic inside the tub of water are all the rocks I got from him, you can see they're still dark, if not darker, when in water.
The tank picture also shows how dark they are. My bright light kinda made them shine though, so forgive my lighting. You just have to see this in person. I have his rocks inside my tanks and my livestock are all doing fantastic. They were all clean before given to me, so I had little to no cleaning on my part :)

Fantastic guy to deal with, I highly recommend. These rocks are certainly the best rocks I ever got. I just wish I got these rocks sooner, before blowing 100+ dollars on Zebra rock that don't even look half as good as these...

*note* the picture of the rocks inside my tank that are in the front are both from him. The rock in the back (left side) are from AFA zebra rocks. That piece was like, mainly just white and barely any black.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry took so long to reply to you guys, but I've been at work, and home was hectic so I finally got around to doing everything at midnight. The rocks are collected near a river, and they are a darker slate. Well here is a scape I made using the rocks I've collected.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you tested these rocks to make sure they won't alter the KH?
The KH will remain the same. These rocks will not alter the KH in any tank. It will only alter the look of the tank; from normal to FABULOUS!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Price reduced 5 dollars on each package.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is for those who wanted to do a driftwood scape and wanted to see maybe what the rocks will look like. These were my first few stones that I collected, and I didn't very carefully pick out the good ones, but overall I really like the scape.

Driftwood Hardscape

Driftwood Completed w/ moss

Sorry for the glare.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·