Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blyxa japonica -- $8 per 10 stems (several portions available)
Rotala macrandra - 10 stems (8-10" long), very red. $5 [sold... more available in a few weeks]
Pogostemon erectum (aka Rotala verticillaris) -- 10 short cuttings, already rooted. $5

Dwarf spotted radican -- very uncommon short sword plant, originally from Robert Gasser. $6

Echinodorus schlueteri 'Leopard' - $6 [sold]
Echinodorus 'vesuvius' - 5 small plants, $5 [sold]

Echinodorus micro leaf tenellus (1 mm w leaves)-- 10 plants, $5

For the taller tanks
Echinodorus angustifolius (the variety of chain sword that grows 24", different than the one originating at Tropica) - 5 young plants.[sold]
Echinodorus red horemanii (from Robert Gasser... i have had for 15 yrs)-- young plant, $5[sold]
Vallisneria var. nana 5 plants, $4 (from Florida Aquatic Nursery)[sold]
Vallisneria var "Italian val" -- possibly V. spiralis. Very large clump. at least 20 plants, $8.[sold]

$6 shipping, priority mail - no heat packs (as they are not needed).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Herer are some images of the plants
From left to right:
pic 1: closeup of dwarf spotted radican . There are 3 or 4 of them in the right center. Their size can vary from 4" to 10" tall. Immediately to its left is "Indian Red". In front left are micro leaf tenellus, all bunched up and in need of trimming. Bottom right are E. quadricostatus. A slightly closer picture of the "micro" tenellus can be found here http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/Chainswords-NeilFrank.htm (forground of 2nd and 3rd color picture)
pic2: full view of the 90g tank, showing E.angustifolius in the center rear. Far right corner has Isoetes. Echinodorus schlueteri 'Leopard' is on the left side imediatedly behind the piece of wood.

pic3 2nd 90g tank showing Pogostemon erectum (aka Rotala verticillaris), Micranthemum umbrosum (also for sale) and other plants (not for sale now).

pic4 120g tank from which the Blyxa japonica was trimmed. I removed most of it, so alot is available. The tall plants in the back corners is B. aubertii. The also need trimming! So, they will soon be available too. When i planted them, they were 18" tall. Now they are up to the surface of the 24" deep tank.

Can someone tell me how do I imbed images within the post?

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pictures of the "Dwarf Spotted Radican" - actual plants i have availble. Right image shows 5 plants. The 4 smaller ones are $6. The larger one on the left corner is $10.
Left image is closeup showing the spotting on the leaves.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have an awesome collection of Echinodorus plants, only if I had the space for more!!!:doh: Best of luck in finding good homes for them all. Your buyers are going to recieve some neat plants!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have an awesome collection of Echinodorus plants, only if I had the space for more!!!:doh: Best of luck in finding good homes for them all. Your buyers are going to recieve some neat plants!
Thanks.. There are three other varieties that i did not mention -- red and green horemanii , and red flame. The horemanii were supposed to be the large plants in those tanks with leaves that i expected to be up to the water surface by now. Apparently, all three were affected by the initial ammonia spike in the substrate and water column, from ADA Amazonia. After 2 months in the tank, the leaves are now starting to inch higher. Interestingly, those were the only Echinodorus that seemed to be negatively affected.
--Neil

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
still available

Blyxa japonica -- $8 per 10 stems (several portions available)
Dwarf spotted radican -- very uncommon short sword plant, originally from Robert Gasser. $6 and $10
Pogostemon erectum (aka Rotala verticillaris) -- 8 short cuttings. $5
Echinodorus micro leaf tenellus (1 mm wide leaves)-- 10 plants, $5
Echinodorus angustifolius (the variety of chain sword that grows 24", different than the one originating from Tropica... theirs is shorter) - 5 young plants
Micranthemum umbrosum -- bunch, $5.
shipping $6.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The last of my extra angustifolius (for now) was sold.

I should also mention that my names for the listed chain swords FS requires an edit. This group of plants may be moving out of the Echninodorus genus into Helanthium. See Update on Chain Sword Nomenclature as previously discussed here on APC

I have reduced the prices on two remaining items
Blyxa - 50cents per plant, and $1 for large multi branched specimens. In attached image, plants on left are $.50, ones on right are $1. I probably have 20 of each.

"micro leaf" tenellus (E. tenellus, aka H. tenellus), 20 plants for $5.

$6 for shipping.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.