Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some 2" Clear PVC to sell: Selling one foot sections $14 shipped.
This is great for a clear pvc CO2 reactor. Allows you too see how the CO2 is disolving. I can cut pieces longer than 12" if needed.

I also have a used CO2 reactor for sale. Has CO2 inlet on the side half way down. Fittings are for 3/4" hose. 5/8" ID hose can be fitted over these with a little effort, or you could get reducer bushings. I have 90 degree hose fittings also if needed. Also $15 shipped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Matt I built one same material but I added bio balls to help break the Co2 bubbles...

Just an FYI..

Good luck with the sale

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can see that theory but with my pump there is no reduction in flow rate.

I'm using a spare Eheim 1253 pump I had.

John

·
Registered
44 Posts
helgymatt
Not trying to jump subjects but I looked at your DIY hood.; How well has is held up. Do you spend as much in total as if you bought it ready made. Would you do it again.? I considered build some as I have many tanks to resetup after being out of the hobby for a time but I could not find a cheap source of t5hos. One more thing did't you in a previous of sometime mention a bad experience with glass cages. I believe I tried your link but I could not get anything. I was thinking about getting some larger aquariums from them (like some 90s over 60s setups). Thanks and have a great holiday.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
helgymatt
Not trying to jump subjects but I looked at your DIY hood.; How well has is held up. Do you spend as much in total as if you bought it ready made. Would you do it again.? I considered build some as I have many tanks to resetup after being out of the hobby for a time but I could not find a cheap source of t5hos. One more thing did't you in a previous of sometime mention a bad experience with glass cages. I believe I tried your link but I could not get anything. I was thinking about getting some larger aquariums from them (like some 90s over 60s setups). Thanks and have a great holiday.
The hoods have held up very nice. The cost is really very little. I don't know exactly, but the cost should be under $30, but would depend on the size. Just the cost of a few boards, hinges, nails, sandpaper, paint, etc. T5's are not cheap, period. Power Compacts from AHSupply.com are always a nice option also, but T5's would be better. Maybe someone can link to some nice DIY T5's retros.

Glasscages has very poor customer service so don't be surprised to have a rude person on the phone, poor delivery service, poor communication, etc. The tanks are very strong and well built, but the silicone job they do is sloppy. I had to spend a lot of time scrapping silicone off the outside corners where it had seeped out the cracks during build. As far as I know, their prices cannot be beat, so if you have a low budget you may consider them. If you have money, I would advice you to look into other options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.