Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Erio sp Australia (Red) ***added helpful note read***

I split a few more of these and have a few available for sale.

$31 shipped

It has come to my attention that there appears to be some misundestanding regarding this sp. I am writing this in hope to clarify so that you can make the right choice before buying.

Not so new info:
Cavan Allan suggests this is a Trithuria sp and I am leaning to this as well since he made the suggestion to me a few weeks ago. The more I consider it, the Australia Red does differ greatly from a typical Erio sp, but that another topic in itself.)

1) Size: This is one of the smallest Erio sp (Trithuria sp. ?) and when mature it's max height is about 1½in tall (this is under lower light settings and very happy with it's parameters) the height will be shorter ( about 1~1¼in) under higher lighting.

2) Bushyness: This is not a bushy sp so dont expect a world of fluff, but further down I briefly tell you how to make this sp get the bushy look as seen in some of my pictures.
With that said, don't expect a big plant because of the big price tag, you are paying for it's rareity which I and others are changing, so eventually this will change, but for now it's what it is.

2) Difficulty: This is also one of the most difficult Erio sp (Trithuria sp. ?) to keep, so dont expect to put this in your tank and not have any problems growing it, only a few can do this. If it doesn't like your tank it will tell you very quickly, so dont start blaming shipping, and size for your failures because it has nothing to do with that. If the plant arrives in fairly good shape and your parameters are good it will grow. Getting express shipment will not help if your parameters aren't good either.

There are a few pictures below showing you different stages of development. On the far right and on the coin you have the babies when the plant is separated as soon as it starts splitting. The ones to the left and right of the coin are mature sp and what is up for sale here and the far left is a plant (was once only 1) that has matured, put out several new growth which I purposely allowed to mature in this state because it gives a very nice bush effect.
I hope this all helped a great deal. If you have any questions please feel free to post or pm me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.