Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.... tubbing season will be over in about a month here, and I'd like to sell off some cuttings and free up some space in the fishroom before I start hauling everything in for the year. (speaking of which, where did my summer go?? Could have sworn it'd just started). Anyway, got a bunch of baby fish and shrimp that could use some new homes and plants that are growing up out of their tubs (many emersed, some submersed). Pickups are welcome, for anyone in the Fairfield, CT area, or I can ship most of this stuff unless otherwise noted (see below for shipping info). So, without further adieu:

FISH:

Least Killifish (Heterandria formosa) - mostly young adults - $1 ea
Red Pineapple Swordtails - appx. 1" juvies - $1.50 ea.
F1 wild-type Sailfin Mollies (Poecilia latipinna) Juvies - $1 ea (parents were collected on Okaloosa Is., FL.... then they went and had kids. Lots of kids.)
Ancistrus temminckii (bristlenose pleco), brown, 3" - $5 ea
Silver Veil Angelfish - nickel size - $3 ea (Pick Up only - I hate shipping angels)
Zoogoneticus tequila (crescent goodeid, tequila splitfin) juvenile sexed pairs - $5/pair - NOTE: I will only sell these to experienced breeders who plan to establish and sustain a colony. This species is critically endangered in the wild and should be preserved at all costs.

INVERTS:
Malawa Shrimp (Caridina preparensis parvidentata) - $1.50ea, 12/$16 - won't crossbreed with other shrimp, prefers warmer water and alkaline pH
Crystal Red Shrimp (C. cf. cantonensis) - $2.50/ea or 5/$10 - LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY (weather's too warm to ship them right now). These guys like cool water and a slightly acidic pH

STEM PLANTS:
Bacopa caroliniana - $2/5 short stems, emersed
Bacopa monnieri (moneywort) - $2/4 stems, emersed
Golden Creeping Jenny (Lysimachia nummularia 'Aurea')- $2/bunch (8+ stems), emersed
Gratiola aurea (RARE) - $1.50 per 3" stem, emersed (*limited*)
Heteranthera zosterifolia (stargrass) - $2/bunch (6 stems), submersed
Ludwigia palustris - $2/bunch (6+ stems), emersed growth
Micranthemum umbrosum - $2/portion (appx. 2"x2")
Poaceae sp. 'Purple Bamboo' - $0.75/stem or 12 stems/$8, emersed
Polygonum sp. 'Kawagoeanum' - $2/bunch (5-6 stems), emersed
Rotala rotundifolia - $2/bunch (6-8 stems), semi-emersed
Rotala sp. 'H'ra' - $3/bunch (8 stems), submersed

FLOATING PLANTS:
Amazon Frogbit - $2/12 plantlets
Guppy Grass - $2/handful
Salvinia minima - $2/double handful
Duckweed - free with any purchase... if you really want it o_O'

OTHER PLANTS:
Bolbitis heudelotii - $4/rhizome (min. 5 leaves)
Echinodorus 'Rose' - $2/plantlet (2-3") - a fairly uncommon sword hybrid (E. horemanii 'Red' x E. horizontalis). I put mine outside in a tub for the summer and it made a bunch of flower stalks with babies. These are young plantlets, but with some time and TLC they'll turn into tankbusting monsters like their mother plant.

POND MARGINAL PLANTS:

Variegated Sweet Flag (Acorus gramineus 'Variegated') - $5/plant (rhizome with 1 or more shoots) - hardy
Alisma subcordatum (Water Plantain) - $3/plant - hardy relative of swordplants. It gets these giant, branched flower stalks that look really neat. Fun times.

I'm willing to entertain trades for shrimp varieties that I don't already own (particularly on the lookout for some CBS, golden white bees, and maybe some zebra babaulti), or, for locals, I'm always on the lookout for spare 10g tanks. Still have a few open spaces on the 10g shrimp rack to fill.

Shipping will be a flat $7 for plants-only orders, or $10 for orders including critters, by USPS Priority. Live arrival guaranteed on everything. I ship on Tuesdays, simply because I don't have to be at work on Tuesdays, but sometimes I can make arrangements for other days if there's some pressing need. Any further questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, these are trimmings from a specimen I collected myself in a nearby mudhole about a year ago. ID was confirmed by Cavan. Besides which, it's been flowering for me once or twice this summer, and the flowers are yellow - G. brevifolia has white flowers. G. aurea, on the other hand, gets its name from its distinctly yellow blooms (aurea being Latin for "golden")

I should make a mental note to take a photo of the flowers; I don't think we have one for the plantfinder (or a profile for the species, for that matter)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last chance to buy for tomorrow's shipping! :) Also, Bacopa caroliniana, Gratiola, and possibly P. kawag sold out (need to re-survey the poly after I trim it tomorrow to be sure; might have 1-2 portions left).

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, general announcement, since I seem to be running short on PM space: if you ordered anything last week (and paid LOL), your stuff is now officially in the mail.

Also, I have 1 pair of the tequilas remaining. Seem to have more females than males, actually, so if whoever buys the last pair would prefer a trio, lmk. :)

P. 'Kawagoeanum' and Rotala rotundifolia are officially sold out. Might have more kawag in a couple weeks depending on growth rate, it's started branching.

Also, adding to the FS list:

1 portion Lindernia dubia, $2/4 stems, emersed.
1 portion Alternanthera reineckii $2/4 stems, emersed.
1 Echinodorus 'Frans Stoffels' $3/plantlet, 2-3" ('nother one of those fancy German hybrid swords XD)

Also if anyone happens to be looking for a small army's worth of frogbit, lmk and I'll cut you a deal. I seem to have accidentally grown a pondful and I need it gone. I don't care if you resell it or feed it to your goldfish or whatever, I just want to make it go away. XD

·
Registered
36 Posts
I sent a PM yesterday detailing an order. Just need to know how to finalize it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All PM's currently replied.

As a head's up, all, I'm very likely to lose power this weekend due to hurricane Irene, which is projected to land right on top of us Saturday night/Sunday morning. As such, don't be surprised if I'm out of touch for a couple days. I'll do my best to get all packages out on time, but if there's a delay, I apologize in advance. I'd apologize during/after the fact, except that if there does turn out to be such a delay, it's probably because I don't have power to get on the internet and send such messages LOL. :p

Keep an eye on this thread for updates ;)

I got my plants yesterday. They look great and are a nice size, something that you don't always get when buying online! Thanks again.
Thanks for the compliments! Good to hear everything got there in good shape :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bump for a great seller with great fish and plants!
Emersed stems have been in the tank for just a day and are already dropping new roots!

Best wishes with the hurricane thing.. I know you have been doing a ton of working trying to prepare for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

I can't send you a PM because you've exceeded your "Stored Private Messages Quota" so I'll copy and paste what I was going to send you here.

I'm interested in buying some of your plants if they are still available.

Frogbit $2
Creeping Jenny $2
Polygonum sp. 'Kawagoeanum $2
Bacopa monnieri (moneywort) $2
Bolbitis heudelotii $4
Alternanthera reineckii $2

If you can send me your paypal info I'll send payment right away. I'd like to make this Tuesdays shipment if possible.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys. Currently writing from a MacDonald's in the next town over. So is half the rest of the town LOL. Free wifi w00t. That said my laptop only has like a 1hr charge left.

Our power's been out since Sunday morning, and is still out. Current estimates have it coming back sometime Thurs. or Fri. at the soonest. Trees are down everywhere - including an 80 foot hickory that went down in our driveway (thankfully, it missed the cars and the garage...). On the other hand, at least I don't have to go to work - they're closed too, since they have no power (on the other, other hand, that means I don't get paid -___-'). so I have plenty of time to fiddle in the fishroom.

Fishroom is currently running on a generator. Losses are low so far (*fingers crossed*) but I did lose a pretty mosura CRS and a red claw macrobrachium.

As for orders, which I'm sure y'all want to know about, I'm working on getting them out today. Our post office is closed, but there's another one within driving distance that's still running. I'll do my best to get everything out on time :)

As for my inbox, which is full, I'll try my best to get it cleaned out in a bit. Anyone who has an urgent message can send me an email at [email protected] - at the very least, my inbox there won't run out of space. Still no guarantee of reply though (no internet access at home w/o power).

At the moment, I am not taking new orders until my power is back. I have no guarantee that will be soon, or that I'll be able to sustain internet access, so I don't want to leave people hanging in the wind and waiting three days for responses. Anybody who's sent me a message recently, I'll try to respond within the next few days. Again, no guarantees.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Take care of yourself.

I went through the aftermath of Hurricane David in 1979 as it passed through Santo Domingo when I was 14 years old.

I learned to enjoy "ambient temperature" beverages ever since. No electricity for 19 days; no running water for a week.

Life should get back to normal in a few days.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm aliiiiiiiive!!!!!!! ...kinda. Actually I'm totally burnt out, haven't slept well in days thanks to the generator noise, but at least the critters are all safe. :) Total losses: 1 mosura CRS, 1 Macrobrachium rosenbergii, several malawa shrimp, and my remaining sanity. All in all, not that bad.

Many thanks for the messages of support I've received over the past week - it's been alternatingly hectic and boring these past few days, but everything's finally getting back to normal, since our power came back last night and our internet access was restored a few hours ago. Life goes on. Now we just have to figure out where to put all the firewood we're going to get from that darn hickory (we sawed and hauled off the branches to the extent that the driveway's passable, but there's still a ginormous log sitting around LOL).

Anyway, I'm now taking orders for Tuesday shipping if anybody's interested. :) Oddly enough, the plants took off this past week - especially the stargrass in the 120g - so I've actually got plenty of those to share. :D

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sooo.... malawa shrimp, Lindernia dubia, and Echinodorus 'Rose' are gone. If you're still in the mood for swords, though, my Echinodorus 'Frans Stoffels' has some new plantlets that I'd be willing to part with.

Also, I have a spare young Echinodorus 'Tanzende Feuerfeder' ("Dancing Firefeather") from the last time I divided up one of my bigger plants. It's about 5" tall with maybe 10-12 leaves (probably more than that, but there's a Crypt in front of it right now and I don't feel like moving to get a better look at it). $5 plus shipping if anyone wants it, or offer me something neat in trade.

Getting new bins ready for hauling in the plants in a few weeks. Not looking forward to all the yard work :p

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bump! I'll put together a complete new list tomorrow so there's no need to wade through my deranged updates :D

Anyone know what the forum policy is on selling grab bags of plants? I've got a ton of stray vegetation to haul indoors for the winter that I don't feel like sorting through. Would much rather cram it into a bunch of flat-rates and send it to fellow collectoritis victims looking to expand their current species range.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts