Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! Great weather here for shipping fish right now (temps are in the 60s today!) and I have a dire need for space in my fishroom. My bf and I breed many species of fish for fun and BAP points in our local club. All of the fish I am going to offer are tank-raised by us, no disease what so ever, all eating flake, pellet, bbs, frozen, live, ... we are anal-retentive about health- you will not be disappointed.

Girardinus metallicus - Metallic Topminnow : one M/F/F sexed trio $12
(3 trios available)
These are wild-type livebearers.
The male has a long gonipodium and a beautiful black chin stripe that continues into the gonipodium. They are easy to keep and easy to breed. By best breeding pair are housed with german blue rams. (Fry are released in a separate container though!!) No need for special water parameters is what I am saying... this species gets about 2" for F and smaller for M.
The behavior of the fish is nice. If you've kept livebearers some males can be agonizingly annoying as they chase females all over the tank (swordtails esp.) but these guys aren't bad at all. I'd all the males "courteous"... he follows the female and continuously displays but does not chase them around the tank. They would make good plant tank inhabitants.
The fish you will get are sexable and starting to color-up nicely. About 1".

I have no pics of my specific fish, but here are representative photos of the species. There is very little variation so this is a good example of what you will be getting.

fishbase info: http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?id=11967
googled photos: click here

Xenotoca variata - Jeweled Splitfin Goodeid : one M/F pair $8
(4 pairs available)
These are wild-type livebearers.
The male has a modified gonipodium where it is split. They are easy to keep and easy to breed. I keep these fish with platies since they cannot interbreed and they are my garbage disposals.... they eat anything!
The males are not nearly as aggressive towards the females and therefore a pair is sufficient. I can do trios if needed.
The fish you will get are sexable. About 1".

I have no pics of my specific fish, but here are representative photos of the species. There is very little variation (hence "wild-type") so this is a good example of what you will be getting.

fishbase info: http://fishbase.sinica.edu.tw/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?id=11955
google pics: click here

Lastly
Melanotaenia parva- Dwarf Flame Rainbowfish- $6 each (9 fish available)
I think most people know I've been breeding rainbowfish... these guys will sell fast.
They stay small, about 3-4" at most for my breeders. This is a small rainbow and a beautiful one! They color up an INTENSE bright orange/red in the morning during breeding time. The coloration dies off during the day- all normal for rainbows. They are active fish and are consuming all foods. I've kept them with shrimp but all bets are off when the shrimp molt!
You will not see this fish in a lfs and I've cruised aquabid for months and never seen them. This is a great addition for rainbow lovers. I keep my breeders in a 10g, though I would display them in a larger aquarium.
You will get about 1" fish and they are NOT totally sexable. I can try, I always do, to give a nice mix, but I cannot guarantee this. I can sex them in about a month.

I love talking rainbows, so if you have questions, please ask.

fishbase info: http://www.fishbase.org/summary/speciessummary.php?id=10514
my breeding male seen on my fishroom blog here: http://dlaquatics.blogspot.com/

BTW some of these fish carry the gene for orange coloration in females... you may get a nicely colored female specimen once they grow out..! One of my breeding females has an orange belly. Looking into working with that trait with more gusto when I have the space!

PLANTS:

java fern trident: $20 for 3"++ rhizome
red root floater: $3/handfull
salvinia oblongifolia: $5/handfull

Shipping details:
Fish: add $30 for shipping up to 6 fish. 6+ fish $35.
Fish and plants: same schematic as above
Plants: add $6

Fish shipping is via fedex overnight. Guaranteed to arrive alive or I will refund the price of the fish (not shipping price). Shipped with insulation and heat packs. I take a lot of time raising these fish and will ship them correctly to ensure they make it. :) OHIO RESIDENTS: knock off $10 for fish shipping. CAFE members get a hardy discount. Become a member or tell me when you PM me that you are one.
Shipping will be Monday, Dec 29th.

I think that's all. Any questions please ask.

Thanks for looking!

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea! thinking about doing some work on my car...

I'm interested in blue eye r'bows for a trade as well.... :) :) :) Feel free to check shipping quotes for cheaper alternatives. My zip is 43081. I've had 100% luck with FedEx, 90% with USPS.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm definitely interested in some Salvinia Oblonghumptydumpty.... and problem something else... but I'm at my in-laws right now and also cannot send any money until after Hanukkah ends (29th).

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tao, got your pm. pmd you back.

AEW, not a problem, just lmk when you're ready.

Also, I forgot to add, payment is ideally by paypal only! :)

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
salvinia sold. everything else is available still. locals welcome, btw (amy... :) )

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll take the 9 parva's if they're still available. Just joined CAFE BTW. I'm in Canal and off work all week LMK P/U 411.

Mark

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark, I just sold them. I posted on aquabid when there was no response on here. But, since you're local and in the club, I'd be happy to hook you up as soon as I have some of size. I have 1/2" right now that need to be moved up to the grow out tank the 1" are in. You're the one who emailed me about the M. dub's right?

M. parva sold. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was me. I decided since the one survivor of the plague was a parva I should probably stick with parvas to avoid any possibility of hybrids if I had any fry survive however far fetched that might be.

LMK,
Mark

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M. duboulayi
M. parva
G. multisquamata
Betotia sp. "Ankavia River"

Only parva available right now. next batches of the others go to my fish club first.

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump. livebearers need homes still. any recommendations as to where i can post them to get more interest would be great. my club is saturated with them for the most part and aquabid has them but they dont seem to sell. maybe they're too ugly? :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.