Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got two large pieces of mesquite driftwood that I collected in a low-land mesquite area. They were both submerged in water and covered in muck, algae, and red clay. I've cleaned them up, but I don't guarantee that they are "tank-ready"...you should still boil/treat them before use.

I have mesquite in my tank and it works great for anubias roots and other epiphytes. It is a VERY dark chocolate color when wet.

I'm asking $10 each + $12 shipping (regular parcel post). If they are sold together, the price will be $15 for the pair, $15 shipping. SALE PENDING

First piece is about 6.5 x 9.5 x 14 inches at widest/tallest points
Second piece is about 22 x 5 inches, but is curved, so it would take 22 x 10 inches to house it in the "pose" it's pictured in.

US shipping only. If you live in (or close to) TX, send me your zip code and I'll recalculate shipping. It could be a difference of $4 or so depending on where you live.

PM me if interested.

-Dave

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Bump for nice looking wood, I like the structure and texture. Have you had experience with mesquite in a tank or do you know anyone who has? Do the pieces currently float or sink when placed in water?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did the float-test and right now they float, but they WILL sink. They were both submerged when I collected them.

I have some mesquite in my tank now (from the same place found these). It's got a small bolbitus rhizhome and some Flame Moss attached to it. I also had a medium size piece in my tank, but I took it out to make room for more plants. I actually just sent that piece the "TheOldMan" to see how he likes it.

The 2 things I like about mesquite are: VERY dark color, and Anubias attaches to it VERY easily (because of all the crevices, cracks, etc...) I wish I could take a pic of the wood wet for you, but I don't have a camera yet (the above pics were taken at work). If you go to my 50gal thread and look at the very first pics I posted, you will see the medium piece of mesquite that I just took out and sent to "TheOldMan". It's on the right side of the tank.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/aquascaping/51836-davemonkey-s-50-gal-journal.html
That was when I had just put it in and tied anubias and java fern to it.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both pieces sold.

-Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.