Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50# bag (unopened) of SS charcoal that I want to go to good use. If anyone is in the Whittier area $20 takes it away. ( figured $17 plus the gallon of gas it cost me to pick it up) If you have plants or critters (shrimp /dwarf crays) to trade let me know. Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Japple,
Just an FYI the post you responded to is from September. But Dave may still have it as I don't remember anyone taking him up on it.

Are you in SoCal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would be great

Yes, I am in SoCal (Seal Beach). And I can't seem to find SS Charcoal, or any other for that matter, anywhere. It really want to give this substrate a try. Should be interesting for the students too. =)

Has anyone been succesful in finding a local supply of it?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I've got a local supply down here in San Diego county (Near Oceanside). At least, they carry "red" all the time and seem willing to order in charcoal.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i need 50lbs of this Soilmaster, i think your too far mike and shipping will be costly, any one know where i can buy this product

·
Registered
367 Posts
i need 50lbs of this Soilmaster, i think your too far mike and shipping will be costly, any one know where i can buy this product
If you just need the red variety there are Lesco locations in Anaheim and Upland.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Ignore Lesco. Their prices are high and they don't always want to work with you. I contacted OilDri directly and was told the best source for me locally is Target Specialty Products. Here's their web site: Target Specialty Products

They've got an office in Santa Fe Springs just off I-5.
Target Specialty Products
15415 Marquardt Avenue, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-5711
(562) 802-2238, (800) 352-3870, fax (562) 802-1786

Also, here is OilDri's info:
Oil-Dri Corporation of America
410 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 400
Chicago, Illinois 60611

Toll Free: 888-424-7672
Phone: 312/321-1515
Fax: 312/321-9525
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
thanks, i'll check it out

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
sure, i let you know

·
Registered
281 Posts
Man this sucks, I was about to make a new planted tank too but the Anaheim store doesn't carry the SS Charcoal and I haven't got my license yet. Perhaps I should wait a few more months and then drive around OC to find the Soilmaster. Cooper, if you happen to go to Tong's Tropical Fish and Pets in FV (I live about a mile from there) I could pay you for the bag and the gas money if you're willing to go that far :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Where were all you guys when we were going to do a group buy on this a while back?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i let you know guys once i order, but right now we are still planning on it. We gonna use it on our Display Tank at the Pet shop.

Or like Carl suggestion maybe a Group buy will be great.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Carl was reffering to a group buy we tried to do before the last meeting. I believe I was the only one interested so I just went and bought two bags of the red stuff at target specialty it was only about $14 dollars for a bag. I didnt bother with trying to get the charcoal. They didnt have it and I didnt really want to special order or anything like that. Shipping would have killed me. Good luck on your mission. The target specialty in Santa Fe springs is where I went. Nice people. Even wheeled the bags to my car for me. Kind of industrial will call but easy to deal with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts