·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, did some minor rescaping and now have a few mats of UG i want to get rid of

Selling: 2"x2" mats of healthy UG $14 each. I have about 3 portions available

non cc paypal only.

Shipping: $6 via priority.
Will ship on Tuesday if payment recieved.

UG is very healthy and has no algae (that i've ever noticed) on it. Be aware your local weather conditions. I do not have heat packs. Also, UG is a very fragile plant. I have it established in 3 tanks and in each case it took a month or three for it to fully establish and start to grow.

I'll post pictures later today.

btw UG = Utricularia graminifoli. Awesome carpet plant, grows like a lawn, very thick, very lush.

UG came from this tank before i "mowed" the lawn. It's looking really ratty in the pic below because i just cut it and thinned it out

actual UG that is for sale.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am very tempted...but do I want plants or do I want to get the aquasoil I have been tempted to buy...

sending PM.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How is it without CO2? And isn't UG the carnivorous plant?

I would have bought it fast.. but I spent all my christmas money :S.

Free Bump!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UG probably needs CO2 to do well. It is carnivorous but only microscopic/palctonic sized stuff to the best of my knowledge. I keep my minami shrimp with UG and they keep booming in population.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
UG don't need CO2 to grow, I have been doing that with out CO2 since 2004... just would not grow as fast. But you got to have good lights, I use 2 32w T8 6500k light bulbs on a 4ft tank. You also need to cut them down to keep them in shapes, cut them like you triming hair to prevent them growing too thick.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just received my plants today! Healthy and green. nice packaging with 100% recycled shipping box as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad your plants are alright. Have always been worried about shipping UG, since every time i got them through the mail they were in real bad shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.