Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take a second if you have experience with these fish:

1) How often do you see yours? Mine hide pretty much full time unless I'm feeding them (only in tank two days)

2) What are you feeding? I have some live brine shrimp that they seem to LOVE, won't take blackworms as well.

3) What light temp brings out their colors?

4) Will adding RCS be a problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I got 2 darios for 2 months already, and I thought they were missing, because they hid all the time in the corner of the tank. Then I bought like 4 more soon after, and started seeing my first pair come out to the front.

I see them often near the ground plunging and wiggling in and out of the glosso, I hope it's not the RCS babies. I feed them frozen rotifer, brine shrimp and blood worms. My temp. is 78 / my ph is 6.7 and the males are pretty orangey red and nice looking. They are really territorial with their spots, chasing another if one swims to the wrong side of the tank, but sometimes they swim together.

I have been seeing less RCS lately, but I'm not really sure, if they are eating them.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
mine hid all the time as well, and were very territorial. I've heard they are basically ambush predators, so they won't be very visible in the tank at all.

I fed them microworms which they loved, and grindal worms as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts