Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
HeyPK said:
C. parva is really slow. In perhaps two years, you will have a good solid cover of parva. If you are Amano, you can buy 200 parva plants and get a solid cover soon. Try some Glossostigma. It is fast, and you will probably not see the parva once it gets covered with Glosso.
Have you done parva emersed? If so, does it help the slow growth rate?

· Registered
243 Posts
Geo said:
I just moved the parva to be mixed in with the Willisi on the left side, so we'll see if it grows.
That's what I had and the parva just got overshadowed. After 6 months, that parva was the same size as it was initially, it just got a fatter rhizome (i.e., I don't think you'll be happy with this).

· Registered
243 Posts
HeyPK said:
Also, I haven't tried to really push parva for rapid growth submersed (good light, good CO2, plants not crowded, etc).
I have had my 10 plants under 4 or so wpg with CO2 in a 10 gal. to try to get something out of them. It's only been a month, and have not seen anything yet, and I'm seriously considering emersed. I could probably get some from AB or Fishvet, and I may do that just to split the stock and try. Tom B. recommended trying emersed at one point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.