Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 19 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an infestation of aquatic annelids over the past year in one of my soil tanks. I didn't mind the little guys and their complimentary dirt mounds at first but now after a year and a severe overpopulation of them I have two inches of soil on top of my gravel and a buried hc carpet. I thought my fish would eat them but they live in the substrate three inches down and VERY rarely do I see one out. A month ago I tore down the tank to find millions of them in each cup of mud I scooped out. I redid the tank bought fresh flourite new dirt new plants - started over...and I have a couple tunnels up against the glass and dirt mounds already. I'm wasting time and money. How can I get rid of them?

Attachments

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had barbs and tetras in the aquarium and yes they are alive. I thought they were neat at first but after while the dirt piles up and there's a couple inches of mud ontop of your carpet plants.

1 - 2 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.