Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,913 Posts
tap water contains canxi 10ppm, Magie 2,5ppm create GH:2

Very confusing! What is canxi? What is Magie?

Are you writing because your plants are not growing? A photo of your tank would help.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Do you have CO2?
that‘s usually the main issue in a EI tank.
you can add 2 grams of CaCl2 and MgSO4 after a water change if you want but the main problem is CO2.

Bạn có CO2 không?
đó thường là vấn đề chính trong bể EI.
bạn có thể thêm 2 gram CaCl2 và MgSO4 sau khi thay nước nếu bạn muốn nhưng vấn đề chính là CO2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Plants don't need a lot of Gh. 2 degrees can work your calcium and magnesium levels are balanced. but it looks like you are a little low on magnesium. Your stem plants like they might be suffering from low Mg levels. Primary symptom of Mg deficiencies the loss of older leaves. you could try boostiingyour Gh to 3 with just epsom salt. magensium sulfate. But then your calcium might be a little low. Plants prefer 3 parts CA to 1 part Mg. best bet is to use a GH booster. to boost your GH to 3.

However also keep in mind that some fish do best in hared water. So depending on what fish your have you might need to run well above a GH of3.

How well is the inverted bottle CO2 working for you? I use if by very use it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Plants don't need a lot of Gh. 2 degrees can work your calcium and magnesium levels are balanced. but it looks like you are a little low on magnesium. Your stem plants like they might be suffering from low Mg levels. Primary symptom of Mg deficiencies the loss of older leaves. you could try boostiingyour Gh to 3 with just epsom salt. magensium sulfate. But then your calcium might be a little low. Plants prefer 3 parts CA to 1 part Mg. best bet is to use a GH booster. to boost your GH to 3.

However also keep in mind that some fish do best in hared water. So depending on what fish your have you might need to run well above a GH of3.

How well is the inverted bottle CO2 working for you? I use if by very use it.
I do not agree with this advice. If your GH is low, I wouldn't try experimenting with epsom salt in order to raise it when there are so many other ways of doing so that do not involve adding salt to your tank water. Epsom salt is just like any other salt - it is not good for plants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts