Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a ghost shrimp eat small RCS as I saw one eating one today. Not sure if it was dead first or not please help.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It was probably dead. I've kept both together and had offspring, but never had one eat another. Although, there are many different varieties of ghost shrimp, and they are oportunistic.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i heard ghost shrimp were more aggressive in higher temps. so maybe you should lower the temp if you're keeping both together?

·
Registered
118 Posts
opportunistic.

if he was bigger and hungry... and the RCS was slow to move away... yum yum. i watched a ghost shrimp take down another ghost shrimp IN THE BAG on the way back from the LFS (10-minute drive!). i started poking the bag to make him release the (still living) ghost shrimp, to no avail. it's not the first time i've seen this behavior either.

but if you keep them well-fed, it shouldn't be so bad to keep them together. just be mindful... any animal that can easily overpower and eat another will do just that. i think the decision process goes something like this: "I'm hungry. are you small enough to capture and eat without harming myself? yes? LUNCH!"

·
Registered
478 Posts
just feed then use a net to sweep him up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts