Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with ghost shrimp. I saw these at the local pet store I get most of my aquarium supplies from. They were real cheap and the owner said they just eat food that falls to the bottom. Any comments and/or suggestions would be helpful. :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
louieknucks said:
I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with ghost shrimp. I saw these at the local pet store I get most of my aquarium supplies from. They were real cheap and the owner said they just eat food that falls to the bottom. Any comments and/or suggestions would be helpful. :D
They do eat leftovers but they will eventually become food to larger, more aggressive fish.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
They do a good job as scavengers and sometimes will eat a little algae.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yea i have a pair (used to be three) in my tank for the last month or so. I've been playing with these guys for as long as i can remember. Pretty easy to keep. They are constantly scavenging for foor in the substrate..but usually in the shaded areas of my tank. I usually break up some sinking pellets and spread it out for them to find. They also tend to molt! Don't be afraid if you find what looks like a half eaten shrimp in your tank..chances are you'll find the real guy running about in a few days (they like to hide in my plants).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts