Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Gloss, Ludwigia, M. Umbrosum, Java, Gudgeons, Killies, etc

Hi everyone, this is a first attempt, so I'm aware that the plants aren't the most exotic. These are the ones I have enough of to replace shipments if it comes to that...if this goes well, more will follow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, many more pictures available.

$5 shipping on the plants, actual cost on the fish.

Glossostigma - A decent little handfull of gloss - $5 (pending)

Ludwigia sp. (repens?) - Not sure if this is a cross, picked it up at the local fish club-- one thing is for certaian, this one is easy. Once you get a clump going, it's nice and unstoppable. Shop lights work fine, CO2 not necessary. Bottoms of leaves turn purple/red. Bonus: my shrimp seem to like it (see pic). $4 (for 10 ~5" stems)

Micranthemum umbrosum - This is a nice bright easy grower, and a good contrasting texture compared to most stem plants. Floating, rooted, whatever. It keeps growing. No bright light or CO2 needed. $4 (for a handfull)

Java Moss - Large portions of java moss. I have...lots, as you probably all do too. Great for spawning killies and cories. - $2

Riccia - 3'x3' portions mine is usually floating, but it can be tied to rocks or wood, or grown through netting to apply to a background or substrate. - $4

Peacock Gudgeons - Horrible pictures, you're better off looking them up on google. IMO, one of the prettiest small freshwater fish. - $4/each (pending)

A. hera & F. oeseri - easy killies. These breed like crazy and are fairly colorful. - $3/each

Will of course include a few freebies...

Thanks for looking,

Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not familiar with these killies, got any pics? I recently started breeding a few different killies myself and I fear I'm becoming addicted to the little buggers
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Will you have killies to offer in the future? I'm starting to set up a tank and I want to hold off on adding fish for a month or two.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool. are these tank raised peacocks?
Yup, I started off with 4 fry, and now that they're adults they seem to keep making more of themselves. :D

Just saw your C. simoni post...very cool. How warm do you keep them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not familiar with these killies, got any pics? I recently started breeding a few different killies myself and I fear I'm becoming addicted to the little buggers
Thanks
I do have some pics at home, I'll try to dig some out (or take some new ones) when I get home...

I totally hear you about getting addicted-- so many colors!

Cliff

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will you have killies to offer in the future? I'm starting to set up a tank and I want to hold off on adding fish for a month or two.
Most likely...the varieties change as I try out new species and sell off the old (usually locally, but I'm starting to try online as well), but I have quite a few kinds of killies...so chances are good. Now if only the rest would breed as quickly as the hera and oeseri!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most likely...the varieties change as I try out new species and sell off the old (usually locally, but I'm starting to try online as well), but I have quite a few kinds of killies...so chances are good. Now if only the rest would breed as quickly as the hera and oeseri!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.