Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
I've collected the Glossostigma cleistanthum that grows in the Northeastern USA a few times and every time I've had it grows for a while and then dies off slowly. It needs super soft water, low water column nutrients, and high light to survive. It's not impossible to keep, but way too finicky to ever become popular. The waters it's found in here have a pH of less than 6 and almost no hardness to speak of.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Not sure about the water parameters cause I was able to grow them in normal tap water (pH 7.5). Never checked the hardness but as it is a rocky region, hardness should be pretty high.

But agree with it's life span. They will grow very well for couple of months then the growth will become leggy and they will die off. I was able to keep them when I was running multiple culture, but finally lost them last month without no apparent reason.
Also, I think earlier in the thread someone alluded that you may actually have diandra, though it seems from what I've read that it acts very much the same and is just as difficult as cleistanthum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.