Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Google cache. I can't find the original thread. Or rather, haven't looked for it.

PlantedFanatics.com :: View topic - Effects of Seachem Flourish Excel on BBA

Conclusion

The effects of Seachem Flourish Excel on BBA were documented with images and texts. It shows that Seachem Flourish Excel caused the BBA to turned red within 24 hours. The BBA gradually turned white over 120 Hours and disintegrate slowly thereafter.The experiment shows that Seachem Flourish Excel has successfully eliminated BBA. We would advise that Seachem Flourish Excel should not be use as a permanent way of removing BBA, as solving the root of the problem is the key to prevent future outbreak. We realised that Flourish Excel should not be used in large amount on mosses, riccia, and fissidens. It may cause them to turn brown or even kill them.

So MatPat, high doses of Excel *will* kill riccia. =)
I concur and have done this personally. It will even kill shrimp and snails if dosed too high for too long.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
OK I think I messed up on my diluting amounts. I bought the 25% solution bottle, 450ml volume. I added 100ml of glut and 400ml of H2o in my bottle. I am using left over ADA dosing bottles, which should be 1ml per pump...correct? So here is what I dosed after reading Allen's posts(my own fault not mixing my bottles correctly).

20 gallon long-10 pumps=10ml
24 gallon cube-12 pumps=12ml
ADA 90p(46 gallon)-23 pumps=23ml

Can some math experts please figure how much I actually added and what sort of solution I made in these bottles? I need to know if I need to stay up doing emergency water changes? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, everything seems to be fine. Nothing died from it and all the pants are undamaged. All the nerite snials are ok too. I think I will hold off on dosing for a couple of days just to make sure. When I resume I was thinking 1ml per 5 gallon should not be excessive???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts