Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey Seattle_Aquarist. Just syncing up these threads. I picked 1.6% because I'm not entirely convinced Excel is exactly 1.5% Glut until someone pulls out a spectrometer (and the difference between 1.5% and 1.6% is not significant), the Indian poster we cite as a chemist and attribute 1.5% to has some non-chemist-like posts in the rest of his history (not that I'm a chemist), and Azoo's and EasyLife's recommended dosing are in the same ballpark

But this is the second request since last night to move to 1.5%. So you've got it.

Thanks for catching the 5% bug!

Also added Metricide 28 on Joraan's request.

Have fun!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just got turned onto this link: great post with formulas from Scorpio over at AquaPetz, who operates with resulting ppm in the aquarium instead of the % in solution: http://aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=102

I like this thinking as it brings us to thinking of Glut as yet another supplement (like trace dosing, or macro dosing, or whatever). For example, imagine a calculator that let you dose 1 bottle cap (5mL) into any size aquarium for the target Glut dose. I wonder if folks have accepted Glut to the point this is useful and not confusing, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts