Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My lazy arse finally got around to setting up my office tank ...which I intended to do for some time.

I'll try to keep some sort of weekly update on this tank but I might slack off from time to time LOL.

(The hornwort is just in there as a nutrient sump for the time being.)

Dimensions: ~10" cube.
Filter: Azoo palm
Lights: DIY reflector/ 19watt 6700K spiral compact (see below image)
Substrate: Seachem Onyx
Ferts: Seachem- excel, flourish, iron, potassium, nitrogen, phosphorous, equilibrium (using distilled water since I have an unlimited source in the lab :D) ..still figuring out a low light, daily dosing schedule.
Flora: Hemianthus callitrichoides, eliocharlis parvula, weeping moss
Fauna: a dozen baby cherry shrimp, and eventually some micro or dwarf rasboras

·
Registered
459 Posts
Gomer, don't you have any dignity, showing everyone your bare little tank like that! :lol:

Hey, is that HC? I wonder what it will look like when it grows in?!?

Actually, I know, so take a good look at your rocks now because they will soon be swallowed up in HC. :wink:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hah! I refuse to add any creature comforts to the workplace. I don't need anything sitting in my cube that'll keep me in the office any longer than I need to be. Besides, I have 8 computers, 7 monitors, two printes a CD duplicator, a mobile mixing studio, and a scanner all in my 8'x15' cube...I wouldn't have room for a nano tank even if I did want one! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where did you find the cube? I have a 2.5 gallon I want to replace and the tank dimensions would fit my stand perfectly. Are those rocks from the batch I sent you?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Urkevitz, yes that is the rock from you. Actually, that is some of the rock that I further fractured LOL

Phil, hoping it will come out as I planned....will be a departure from anything I have previously done which is always nice. That piece of wood is actually 4 pieces. the previous ultra nano had 2 of them in there :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It looks like you're well on your way to a very enjoyable aquascape. Nice design!

Who manufactured that tank? Also, what did you use to make the DIY reflector? I bought some great sprial PC bulbs last year, but I've been using swing arm lamps. I would really like to place them in a canopy, but I wasn't sure what to use as a refelctor. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Nice little tank Gomer, I have a similar small tank growing HC with Excel, works like a charm! I dose 1ml every day (2.5 gallon tank), 5 drops of Flourish weekly, 5 drops of Flourish Iron weekly and 10 drops of (I don't recall the concentration) of KNO3+Fleet mix weekly. Got some snails in there, only babies survive so they don't spoil the view (I feed a little weekly and water is very soft).

Keep us updated, this tank is going to look great!

Giancarlo

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
lfs near me has that exact tank. Just saw it and its little brother in there yesterday. They had the little one set up with a "mini-ecosystem". Some really small crypts and other stuff.

Came as part of a package, including a filter nearly identical to the Azoo Palm except intake was on the other side.

Oh yeah...way too expensive for such a small tank IMO.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts