Aquatic Plant Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
With all that moss in there it is just screaming for some cherry shrimp. Another fish that would fit in there are ember tetras. They are a bit hard to find too. They only get 1/2" in length and have a translucent orange hue to them.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
LOL...I seem to have good luck when my dosing starts to turn psuedo random :-D

Aaron, there actually are a bunch of cherries in there. ..actually, they have been breeding in the tank, so they must like the conditions.

I'll look hard for the ember tetras...perhaps easier to find than the rasboras. Thanks for the heads up.

It's Mr Gomer's way of lulling you into a sense of complacency. Meantime, he has a $600 rimless aquarium lined with ADA substrate, enlightened by T5s or MHs, growing a thrilling selection of plants ready for September's AGA (unless the ADA substrate is fertile enough to deliver the aquascape for the April 30 ADA deadline). This one's just a little teaser...

Andrew Cribb

Lovelly tank Gomer. Very simple and its enough to take a peak once or ten times/day and distract from the paperwork ( if it is your case). I have something like that in my bedroom table to help me with my insomnias. :) Keep up the updates.

Regards,

André

Discussion starter · #53 · (Edited)
Sounds like it is about time for an update. I decided to move to a 2x13AH kit a week ago. The moss was shading out the HC below and so I opted for more coverage. Also threw on a background so that I didn't have to look at the stuff behind the tank LOL

I think I started with about 10 shrimp...now I must have 50 in there!

There are Pygmy Rasbora*(Boraras maculatus) at AZGardens.com which would probably make a very nice color contrast with the green. They only get up to about 3/4in in length apparently. I've been eyeing these little guys for awhile. Your tank has given me some nice ideas!

The tank totally captured the essence of Bonsai art. Simple, clean, and to the point. One word: Brevity. Very minimalistic looking; I like it! Please keep on updating us, Gomer! (BTW, your Monosolenium is wild in my tanks:p)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.