Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
could you share with us where you got such a good deal? i would love to get some crypts other than wendtii

·
Registered
302 Posts
my crypt wendtii's stay small even though i have a flourite substrate and add jobes fert spikes underneath them, is that odd?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretty sure they are wenditti. with the experience i had with them there always have been slow growing but once they start to grow they grow... the first 4 plants i had in my tank were crypts wenditti and i cut the roots cause they get like 8-10 inches long in like a month

·
Registered
302 Posts
so if all of them are wendtii's, i really suggest strongly that you go and get some other varieties...crypts are my favorite aquarium plants after trying a whole bunch of different ones, i always go back to crypts...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Slow is par for parva. :D

Mine has always taken a month or more to settle in before putting out new leaves and then maybe one a month or so. Getting baby plants takes months and months.

Great little plant.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone know a way to speed up their growth...? even the guy who gave it to me his are growing as slow as mine and his are in a high light tank while mines in a low light tank...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha i only have one plant... lol but the guy that gave it to me had a fore ground of parva he said its expensive though like $2-3 for a small plant with only two leafs...

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Guppy,

If you're willing to spend the money parva can make a great foreground. I once had close to 40 of them in one of my tanks a few years ago and they did their job well. Unfortunately that area was only about 8 square inches........

Best,
Phil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts