Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever get a really sick deal at the LFS? I know it happens...just the other day I found Microrasbora kubotai for $2.99 each. I took the whole tank (a dozen).

Also, a few months ago I got a nice laceleaf bulb for $2.99.

Please share your tales!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Puntius denisonii for 12.50 ea, picked up all they had, save the one with a sunken belly. Could not pass them up at that price.

Not at lfs but was just part of group order that picked up some quarter size wild altums for 9 ea incl shipping.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Awesome looking fish error. They remind me of old rubber glitter full fish lures, quiet pretty fish.

I picked up a small school of Sawbwa resplendens at $3 each. Never saw them before and as usual they were mislabeled but they are great looking fish.

Andrew

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got some nicely sized Colombian RamsHorn snails for $1.99 each. Not really a bargain aside from the fact that the other option is ordering them on-line and paying a boatload for shipping. It's rare for a store here to have Rams Horns.

-MT

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Sigh, that would be so much fun to be able to scout for things like that. We don't even have a LFS in the area, so it isn't going to happen for me. :(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, I just got another steal:

6 Corydoras sterbai @ $3 each.

Score!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Pretty much everything went for a good price at our local Raleigh Aquarium Society auction this past weekend.

Next year, y'all come!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
5 Neons, $1.00/each !?

Don't know if this is a good deal or not, but a couple weeks ago I bought 5 neons for a $1.00/each.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Texex94 said:
Got a school of 30 exclamation point rasboras for $0.99 a piece. Not sure if that's a great deal or not, but I love these little guys and these were VERY a very healthy group of fish.

http://www.rva.ne.jp/cogata/b_urop.htm

Bailin Shaw
Id consider that a deal! $1 a piece isnt bad at all. Ive had/have my eye out for those small rasboras, no luck yet.

Andrew

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow c.sterbai for 3.00 each i'd be happy if i could get one for the price you paid for the six, thats a good score. My best if you can call it that is some really nice pseudomugil furcatus for $7 a piece i bought all ten (they didn't make it into the lfs tanks), right place right time,

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I didn't make the find, but I'm pretty happy about it none the less. The dude who does the freshwater fish ordering found Botia sidthimunkii for $3.50 apiece (wholesale), which is 1/3 of the usual price. He bought 30 of them and you know I'll be getting my share. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts