Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We are reaching out to let our communities know that we have moved the site off our current hosting platform to Google Cloud today.

If you notice any issues, please report them in the Community to Team section and we will get them addressed ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Your Community Management Team

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
im not a computer guy lol
what does that mean?

·
Administrator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, all of the site's storage and info has been moved from one server to another. The server that we have moved to (Google Cloud) is generally more stable than what we were using before and it has less outages and better security.

I hope that helps to clarify a bit. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
I assume that if everything goes as it should none of us will even realize that something is different. The server is like the utility companies, their work isn't appreciated until something goes wrong?

·
Administrator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo. Hopefully you won't notice a thing, besides a hopeful increase in site speed and stability

Kevin

·
Administrator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quite possibly! Changing servers often results in a few glitches that will need to be smoothed out to get things working as they should. I'll alert the team that the Plant Finder is having some issues (Case #3153043). Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts