Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use google to find the site in Safari, I am presented a main header link then links to sub forums. Most of the time ( in the past two weeks) when I click on the sub forums I get a Filestorer Error message that seems like a Phishing or Spam thing.

I am able to click on the main page then navigate through the page to the forums but I am having these troubles when I try to navigate from the sub forums google gives me access to.

Please let me know how I can help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw this today when I went to the Aquascaping forum from the Forums page.

"Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.aquaticplantcentral.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

I might look into disabling my account here until this thing blows over.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got one this morning from this link:
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ad-inspired-aquarium.html?highlight=bookshelf

And also this one:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...nt-mr-aqua-12-gallon.html?highlight=bookshelf
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/aquascaping did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
What a pain for you guys!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts