Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clown pleco that's about 14 years old!

Anybody else got any oldies???
penny

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a single neon tetra that was part of my original 5 bought for my 10 gal tank about 7 years ago. He's old, crustly, and seems almost deformed looking. He was not doing too well for a while and was hardly eating. I' thought I was going to lose him. But then I got some freshwater flakes from Ed over at www.almostnaturaltropicalfishfood.com and he loved it and started eating again, seemed to regain his composure and balance and has become much more active and colorful again (still old and crusty looking though!). I think that's pretty old for a neon tetra.

(I am not affiliated with Ed in any way, by the way...)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah,I had some rummies that were 8 or 9 yrs old- I think the last one is gone now. Funny, how they LOOK old. The plec looks like spring chicken ,though.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I've been trying to think since yesterday about how old some of mine are (I didn't keep records back in the beginning), but I think I have some that are between 15 and 20 years old.

People sometimes ask me why I buy so few fish, but unless they die, I'd have to set up yet another tank to do it. ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've got 4 neons tetras that are 2 years old :) Same four fish I started my tank with. I've been thinking about adding more, but I don't have a quarantine tank. Don't want the old guys to get sick :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a common pleco that has survived 18 years. He has commited sucide twice when the tank was open topped. I found him both times on the floor, rock hard. I threw him back into the tank and he came back to life. He had a mate, but she died about 2 years ago now.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I have a common pleco that has survived 18 years. He has commited sucide twice when the tank was open topped. I found him both times on the floor, rock hard. I threw him back into the tank and he came back to life. He had a mate, but she died about 2 years ago now.
WOW! That's incredible. I would not have thought about throwing him back in the tank - not rock hard! :shock: Guess I should try that if it ever happens again! Amazing!

I have a pleco that is about 8 or 9 by now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts