Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 6ft Aquaplantarium from D.A.S. My wife takes care of all the plants above water (Some orchids are coming in this week) and I take care of plants/fish under water. Great to have a shared hobby :p
Tank was setup 4-5 weeks ago, so plants needs to 'settle'.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
welcome To apc/ dfwapc. can I come see it ;) ha ha. hi neighbor, I'm also in Plano.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Michael, I have only the "biobox" filtration (so no canister) and the light fixtures that came with the tank (2 * 6 T8/36 inch) - not 'high tech', but great to start with (LED can always be added when usefull (!!) high C.R.I LEDS are affordable. I use now a mix of the (lower CRI) Philips Alto (=cheap) and the 98 CRI Lumichrome (full spectrum/6500K). Also have CO2 canister.

What I also like about my tank that in the furniture a build-in 30-40 gallon 'overflow tank' is available (=optional). This 'buffer' is great f you need to fill 1-2 inch of water and don't want to get the hose etc.. No fear for overfilling: too much water is flowing back in the overflow tank. (I run it 1-2/week for 5-10 minutes)

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
DFW-APC had a field trip to DAS last year, and that is where I first saw these. I think the design of the tank and stand is great, and the lighting and filtration can be easily upgraded. The club has a PAR meter so we could measure light intensity if you are curious. I will be very interested to see the progress of your set-up.

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
That is great plant growth--definitely no need to upgrade anything!

It is often said that the submerged plants in a paladarium rarely look as good as the emersed plants. I think you have managed to prove that one wrong.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
wow what growth. some one knows what they are doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.