Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
What I need is a very small and very simple siphon, or some sort of vacuum device. Is there one made that is suitably small for a betta bowl? and I am hoping if small then that also means not too much vacuum so that I can control it very precisely. I also will need one for my 4gallon nano.

All of the vacuum cleaners and siphons I've been seeing on all the sites have this huge business end! I'd like just the end of a tubing to suck up the food particles etc. What I need has to be very small in diameter (like maybe 1/4 inch? or at most 1/2 inch). It seems almost as though I could make one out of simple plastic tubing one finds at the hardware store but I don't know how to construct the part that makes the suction start. I certainly do NOT want to just suck on the other end with my mouth!!!
I have one like that, so they do make them. I don't see a brand name on it unfortunately and as I've had it a couple years I don't remember what it was. The tubing is 3/8" and the siphon tube is 1" in diameter. It siphons very slowly, which works well because it only pulls up the light organic stuff and not the substrate. I've looked all over it though and I don't see a brand name. I would suggest searching stores that sell aquaria online.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.