Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious,

Has anyone ever used this company before?
The prices they have posted for the shrimps and snails sound resonable, but I just want some input on someone's experience with their products and quality.

"Arizona Aquatic Gardens"

http://www.azgardens.com/index.php

Thanks

George

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
AZ Gardens is OK with me. I bought some C. Japonica for $0.75c each recently in a downtown tiny aquarium shop in Manhattan. Maxiefish on Aquabid.com is a good source too - reasonable and well priced.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Pineapple and Naomi.

Thanks for the response.

I have not checked out the place in lower Manhattan, If you have an address I will definitely check it out, since I work there.

Also upstate is not that far from NYC. Just depends what part. Binghamton is only 3-4 hrs away.

Pineapple your name came up at the AGA convention and I haven't heard of you before. I was with RYUKEN and Jay. The convention was very nice and got lots of great drift wood and plants.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I've bought plants from AZ gardens before. The plants were really nice, but the service was a bit slow for my taste. I've heard the fish and shrimp are "iffy" in quality, but that's just hearsay too....

I just bought some Amano's from Finny on AquaBid and he's a great seller. The only thing that irks me about Maxiefish is putting that darn reserve price on all of the auctions when AB says they really don't like anyone to use reserves there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maxiefish's reserve is simple: $25.00. I received about 15 shrimp, no DOAs, and the mailing charge was reasonable too.

The downtown aquarium shop is on Mott Street, north of Grand Street close to China town: Win's Aquarium or similar name. The shrimp are in the back close to the betta bowls. It's a tiny wee shop run by husband and wife originally from Indonesia.

carpediem212 - thanks for the nice words. Are you in Manhattan?

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well two locations, I am in Queens and the city. I will defintely head to the chinatown location. I will stop by this weekend. I remember the place now. It has 90 gal fish tanks on display in the front.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There are two shops close together. One is on the corner and seems to deal with very high priced cichlids, frontera etc. The other one (wins) is halfway down the block. I'll try and dig out rhe phone number and give them a call to check if they have any in and then post tomorrow. That will save a wasted trip.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Robert Hudson said:
I have Red Cherrys for $2.50 each. If I remember right, thats half the price of AZ gardens.
Thanks Robert! I will keep your site in mind when I need supplies. I was able to find it locally here and they look very nice. I really appreciate that you offer free shipping to APC members.

Thanks again,
George

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rob,

i'd be interested in some of those cherry reds. are they listed on your site? do you have a min qty? thanks.

rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought plants from AZ gardens. Long story short, there was unauthorized charges made to my credit card for a replacement shipment of plants, overnighted, to the tune of almost 30 bucks. My first and last experience buying from there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
>>>>

Ive bought from AZ.I was quite pleased with their service. Some of the items I wanted that said in stock, weren't shipped. Other than that I like them and would buy from them again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts