Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
I haven't placed an order with them, but I have enquired about certain species and their price list.

Please let us know how it turns out, I'd be very interested if things go well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I dealt with them once so far and I have nothing but good things to report. They are very professional. Excellent packaging and service. I'll definitely be doing business with them again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello folks i just talked to the sales rep at greenchapter im going to purchase. paul, what qty are you looking for?

toninia sp belem 6 for 10
udwigia sp cuba 5 for 14
toninia fluviatilis 5 for 10
blyjx japicona 5 for 10
------------------------
Shipment : 30 for USA
Total : 74 USD
following if anyone is interedted let me know

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Just need to inject a voice of reason here. Please remember that ordering plants from Singapore requires both an export license on the shippers end and an importers licence on the receivers end. I think but am not 100% sure that a phyto-sanitary certification is also required.

I only say this because while many shipments do come into the US under the radar there will always be a few customs decides are not right. Insert picture of Customs contractor in Bio Hazard suit tossing your innocuous stems into a raging inferno to "destroy" any possible bugs.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Nathan is correct on that one. However, a friend and myself recently ordered from Roland at Green Chapter and got friendly service and healthy plants. Some of the clippings were small, but he sent extras to compensate. I would reccomend ordering from him if you are willing to risk the inferno :)

P.S. It is cold here where I live in MD..i.e. snow on the ground. I have found that shippingi plants in the winter is not as bad as most would have you believe. I'd bet my money on a frozen plant surviving over a melted one in the summertime.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Nathan's post is what worries me about getting plants outside of the US. I don't know if there are any other legal problems that could arise by knowingly receiving plants without Phyto certs and import/export licenses. It may be something to check on before you place an order.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just spoke to roland and he said i would not have problem with shipping at all he shipped to us plenty of times and had good reviews.He also said he would comp the shipping if the order was big enough.

(Plant Price List edited out by Mod Staff, posting a competitors price and availabilty list is unfair to those that pay to sponsor APC)

·
Registered
493 Posts
i ordered from them twice and got the plants from singapore to israel in 3 days - great plants and in very good condition. i ordered tonina sp. belem ,tonina manaus, ludwigia pantanal , eriocaulon sp. a and eriocaulon cinerium, renalisma rostrata, riccia mini , pellia ,elatine triandra and more... all were in great shape and i even got free mosses and free tonina fluviatilis
and the most important thing - ROLAND the owner is a very nice person

1 - 12 of 12 Posts