Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

We are a middle aged couple enjoying life and living in the mid - midwest (otherwise known as Kansas).

Steve has had tanks since his 11th birthday and Vickie was introduced to his obsession last year and has recently been diagnosed alongside Steven with MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome). 41 tanks in all

We have decided to dedicate a 135 to plants and very few if any fish.

Not sure on the design yet but one of our other passions is photography so we hope to have pictures to share in the not to distant future.

We aint got much but we have got we are willing to share :)

Steve and Vickie

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Hi Steve and Vickie,

Welcome to APC! Fish and Plantaholics abound, you are in good company! I have found lots of helpful friendly people here with good information that they are willing to share. Make yourselves at home!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome to APC!

Wow, you really do have MTS don't you? LOL!

Look forward to seeing some of your photos. :)

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Hi there! You'll love the plants. I just can't seem to get enough of them. All my tanks are collectoritis. It's terminal with me. Can't wait to see what you come up with!! Photography as well! Best of both worlds! :D

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Hello Steve & Vickie... Welcome to APC :cheer2:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Steve and Vickie. It's great to have you here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes :)

Do not forget folks the answer to life the universe and everything is 42, consequently all that remains for me to say is "thanks for all the fish"

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darn I forgot to mention I am looking for some ceratopteris thalictroides (Indian Fern) to try and re create a carbon copy of my very first tank some umpty seven years ago. Not sure how many gallons it was but 15 sounds about right. 24 x 12 x 12 Cast iron frame with a slate bottom, my uncle Bud gave it to me as my 11th birthday present, it came with two of the Indian Ferns and two Cryptococrynes. I think the crypts were what is now known as Wendtii, dark green leaf with a almost maroon (dark red underneath). The Crypto's covered the gravel within 8 months and from that point on I was supplying local stores every 6 weeks or so with trimmings.

I am not exactly sure it is Wendtii but it looks very similar when one is suffering from Old Timers :)

If anyone has any other names for what it could be please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Steve

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

From the best I can tell, you are correct on the crypt you described. It would be the wendtii 'red' variant with the darker red/maroon tones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcomes I know that the Wendtii had another name several years ago, but there was a lot of names changed in the 70's for one reason or another I honestly thought the plant I knew had vanished off the face of the planet, and I was the only one with it. Then I found an article in the The Aquarist (UK magazine) that totally burst my bubble. So much for fame and fortune!:photo:

Looking forward to learning more and more about planting tanks!

Steve and Vickie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts