Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, just came across it at killies.com. I wouldn't say that I am new to keeping fresh water plants- been at it for a year and a half. Right now I'm into keeping and breeding killies, and plants play a major role in this.

I am limited in terms of spending on my hobby, and thus, am always on the lookout for DIY methods to sustain my plants and fishes. Well, I dream of a day where I would be financially independent and able to own a 6ft tank, using Denerle products- that would make it a very expensive hobby.

I hope that in the meantime, I'd get to know you wonderful people.

Cheers,
Drew.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Welcome Drew!

Glad you decided to join! How are things over at killies.com? What plants do you use to breed killies anyway?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome Drew!

I'm sure you've noticed we have a nice DIY section here. Perhaps you can share some of your ideas and pick some up as well.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Drew, glad to have you join us here at APC :smile:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the world of planted tanks. I have just started pulling eggs from a pair of f. gardneri "misaje" that I recieved a week ago. Do you harvest eggs away from the parents, or let the young try to mature in planted tanks? I am planning on planting a ten gallon tank and trying a more natural approach with this pair after I get some fry started from "stealing". You will find this board very helpful in your dealings with planted aquaria. It has become a great inspiration to me in the short time I have followed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts