Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a C. vietnamensis last year that has been struggling. I've been growing it emersed in a 50:50 peat/sand substrate. It has been staying about 1-1/2 inches across and varying between 3-4 leaves. Each time I get a new leaf, I loose an old one, so it has not actually grown.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Cheers.
Jim

·
Registered
898 Posts
Any recommendations?
I reccomend you give it to me ASAP.

If the first reccomendation is not acceptable, I'd try growing it in 100% ADA Amazonia. From what I've
read on Jan's website - it should be an easy plant to grow. If you're losing the older leaves when new ones
pop up - it could indicate lack of macro nutrients.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've read on Jan's website - it should be an easy plant to grow.
Yeah, that's what's got me so frustrated. On Jan's site he states "Plants and are quite easy to cultivate under standard conditions.", which I always understood to be a 50:50 sand/peat mix.

I'll have to bump up the ferts a bit and see what happens.

Cheers.
Jim

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yeah, that's what's got me so frustrated. On Jan's site he states "Plants and are quite easy to cultivate under standard conditions.", which I always understood to be a 50:50 sand/peat mix.

I'll have to bump up the ferts a bit and see what happens.

Cheers.
Jim
Peat/sand mix doesn't have much if any nutritional value. Stick a Jobes stick in there - I'll bet the plant takes off.
Dibs on the first plantlet.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got it. It's the least I can do for the plants you've given me, although, as I think of it, you'll probably have the wrestle Aaron for it. :D

Cheers.
Jim

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zQ;

I got the plant from a friend in Germany. Thanks for the habitat pics. They confirm that I think the medium was wrong for this plant. I transplanted it to an Aquasoil/Flourite/Laterite mix and so far it hasn't melted which is encouraging.

And your english is perfectly fine.

Cheers.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts