Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I have a 125g tank. I have 2 - 36" compact coralife 6700K 192 watt fluorescent freshwater lights. I have grown plants very well with these lights. I do have issues as I get closer to the bottom of the tank. I am getting a foreground of glosso, but only after I got new bulbs. My plants get red at the tops. The nice thing about these lights is that they have 2 switches so you could put them on timers so you could have a midday burst. Once your light bulbs age you will need them all on at once because PC's get dimmer with age. It gives you the option to go higher light when you want to without buying a new light.

For filtration I use 2 XP3's and I have a Korelia #3 850gph power head. It is PLENTY of water movement. I'm not sure how you'll use 1200. I think it will be hard to keep it from blowing your plants out of the substrate. I do have HOB's on my smaller tanks and just use more CO2. I have to make sure the diffuser is working well to get it around the tank since I loose some to the air.

As long as you have fast growing stem plants and lots of them your tank will cycle very fast. You will have plenty of plants to sell or trade to get the ones you want, including shipping! ;D I have bought plants from online retailers but have found the best plants are on this forum from other hobbyists.

Have fun with your tank. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts