Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I totally agree with old man on aquariumplants.com. I am using their substarte and it is waorking really well for me, and a helluva lot cheaper than many others. The shipping is killer but probably better than with other substrates, even if you pick it up.

As for lights, what I have read is that woth larger tanks the wpg rule is a little skewed. The 3wpg on a 125 is probably bordering on high light. The good thing is you already have pressurized CO2. The tanks you have are fine it's all the same CO2.

I would suggest checking out www.rexgrigg.com for fertilizers and just excellent general information. He also sells CO2 reactors which is something I think you will want to look into for your size tank. There is are also instructions on how to DIY it in the DIY forum. Definitely an advantage when I got mine for my 55g.

If you like to DIY things you can look into AHsupply's lighting. They sell retro fit kits that are top notch.

Having the HOB filters may gas out a lot of your dissolved CO2 I would suggest some power heads if you want to increase the circulation in the tank. Also post a thread asking how the xp3 will do for a 125g (or just search the equipment forum) cause I am not familiar with that filter and it's capacity.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You will usually get around 8 to 10 stems in one bunch. I think the best thing for you to do will be to contact aquarium plants.com and ask them how many is in each bunch. They are very helpful and don't mind answering questions. One thing to think about is foreground vs midground vs background. You will not want to get a bunch of tall plants so that your tank looks like a grow out tank. Maybe think about some HM as a carpet plant or lobelia cardinalis so that you have short stems that will cover the ground but not go too high into the water column. This kind of effect can be done with some of the stemmies that you are orderinh but it would take a lot of trimming for a bush effect.

Plan out the layout of your tank so that you like it from the beginning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts