Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trio of blue delta's in my 29g planted and I am wanting them to breed. One of the females is much bigger than the other and I believe she is pregnant. How can I tell for sure? Also how do you know when she is about to pop? I want to move the female to a birthing tank I have set-up but I don't want to move her too early

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. She is really big now, atleast compared to the other female. I think I will try my luck and give it a few more days until i move her unless someone else can help in this area too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a little update. I think its too far along to move the females. I will have to try and catch a few fry when they are born. The big female is getting pretty square looking.
What do you think?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes she was a virgin female. At least from what the breeder tells me and from what I saw all the females were seperate from the males. The tank is fully cycled with 50% original tank water.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
she seems to be fine. I might have jumped the gun a little. She is fat but still eating a lot and not looking like giving birth. It has been 30 days or a little more. I just hope everything works out.
Thanks again Sewingalot

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i saw that my little guppy had her babies. She was a lot thinner today and then I saw a little fry swimming in the floating lettuce plant. I only saw 1 however and I can't find it anymore. I have a few questions.
1. Could all of them had been eatin? Where I saw the little one before my danios are swimming around there like crazy.
2. How do I get enough food in the tank for the fry, if I am going to leave them in the main tank?
3. What is norm for fry from guppies?
I don't think I noticed when she had them. She looked fat for a long time now and it was either today early or yesterday. I fear if it was yesterday most are dead. I had my powerhead on into last night and it is a little too strong for the tank.
Thanks for the answers

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replys.
It seems to me that my 2 female guppies have a dark gravid spot all the time. If I look at both right now they are both really dark. 1 is bigger then the others but still both have dark gravid spots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.