Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Large

Medium and Small (all independent plants with own healthy well-developed roots)

I'm making a bunch of H. Pinnatifida I've been growing out available at lower prices than I paid to spread this beautiful plant around the hobby and help make back the small fortune I spent on acquiring early plants and the time I invested to grow them out fully. The plants are all super healthy and robust, having been grown in rich substrate, with beautiful green color on top of the leaves and H. Pinnatifida's trademark coppery color underneath.

They will be shipped out Monday morning or Tuesday morning after your order is in, picked right from the tank, packed and dropped off at the post office within 30 minutes for fresh delivery.

USPS Priority Shipping only $6 per order.

I accept cash Paypal - Please EMAIL me for payment details (email is easier than PM as my PM box often fills faster than I can clear it). To email just mouse over or click on my avatar and select email.

Small plants (these are independent plants with healthy developed roots, not cuttings) - 3 for $30

Medium-size plants - 2 for $30 (these have nice medium-length leaves)

Larger plants - $30 each (these have nice long leaves and are on their way to developing good height)

The small and medium plants are a great value as they'll grow out for you - all it takes is a little patience.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Warren,

I have some H. Pinnatifida left, but please let me know which sizes you are looking for as several members just emailed me as well. Good timing as I just got back from a cross country trip. In addition, also have the following:

-Staurogyne Repens - beautiful low maintenance bright-green ground
cover - once established just "mow" it about once/month or so (or not
at all if you like it a little taller)
-Ludwigia Aromatica - gorgeous stem with pink and yellow-green leaves
-Ludwigia Arcuata - like above but with finer greener leaves
-H. Difformis (Water Sprite) - soaks up nutrients like mad in new
tanks, super easy to grow, bright green, good surface cover for fry
and shy fish - will grow in ground or floating just as well
-Amazon Frogbit - most robust floating plant, soaks up nutrients nicely
in new tank setups, provides cover for fry and small fish
-Bright Green Amazon Swords (ones that can grow up to about 12-18 in. like the
parent plant - they'll grow on the taller side if you give them good
root ferts)
-Needle Leaf Java Fern (which I much prefer to regular Java Fern as the
leaves are very long and slender and really undulate with the water
current)
-Anubias Nana
-Anubias Petite
-Marsilea Minuta (a very low maintenance ground cover that works even
in lower light tanks)
-and possibly a few more plants I just have to check later tonight

Please email (just choose email from my avatar drop down) as my PM box can fill up fast, and email is so much easier to keep track of/search.

Thanks for your interest

·
Registered
34 Posts
Growing in soil? I think this plant does better tied to wood or rocks like anubias... I tried growing mine in soil for a while, and it sent runners to the driftwood and lava rocks in my tank, and the ones out of the soil are doing much better and growing faster.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aquarliam,

I'm growing it in ADA Aquasoil, not "soil", and it grows very well. Sure it will also grow on driftwood and lava rocks, but they aren't as nourishing a medium as a rich substrate. Try using a higher quality substrate, such as ADA Aquasoil, and I'm sure you'll have very good results growing in substrate.

The best approach to growing aquatic plants in general is to use both water column and substrate fertilization.

Good luck.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H. Pinnatifida Sale + other rhizomes and stems available

Have a few remaining H. Pinnatifida in all sizes. Orders already in will ship out Monday. Any new orders received Monday late afternoon or evening will ship out Tuesday.

Also have:
-Staurogyne Repens - beautiful low maintenance bright-green ground cover - once established just "mow" it about once/month or so (or not at all if you like it a little taller)

-Ludwigia Aromatica - gorgeous stem with pink and yellow-green leaves

-Ludwigia Arcuata - like above but with finer greener leaves

-H. Difformis (Water Sprite) - soaks up nutrients like mad in new tanks, super easy to grow, bright green, good surface cover for fry and shy fish - will grow in ground or floating just as well

-Amazon Frogbit - most robust floating plant, soaks up nutrients nicely in new tank setups, provides cover for fry and small fish

-Bright Green Amazon Swords (ones that can grow up to about 12-18 in. like the
parent plant - they'll grow on the taller side if you give them good
root ferts)

current)

-Anubias Nana

-Anubias Petite

-Marsilea Minuta (a very low maintenance ground cover that works even
in lower light tanks)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi HeyPK,

I'll add prices as soon as I have a chance to later today. I just got back from visiting a hospitalized family member on the E Coast and am at work and swamped right now. I've been a member in good standing of this and other forums with many excellent plant trades, and a member of some of the largest and most active regional clubs, and there's no ill intention - I just don't have time to look up the info and post until later today. I'd love to trade with you or any other member, but family and work come first. Will post as soon as I have a chance later today.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
H. Pinnatifida, Needle Java, Anubias, Staurogyne, L Aromatica + Arcuata

USPS Shipping only $6.

Discount for any order of plants over $20 in plants - take 10% off the plant total.

Discount for any order of plants over $30 in plants - take off 15% off the plant total.

Any new orders received by this evening or tomorrow morning Pacific Time will ship out Tuesday USPS Priority Mail. Plants picked fresh from the tank right before shipping. Accept cash paypal. Please email for payment info as my PM box tends to fill quickly (just select email from the drop down when clicking on my avatar - if you are a new member that can't email yet PM is fine). Please be sure to include your full name and shipping address.

-H. Pinnatifida

Small plants (these are independent plants with healthy developed roots, not cuttings) - 3 for $30

Medium-size plants - 2 for $30 (these have nice medium-length leaves)

Larger plants - $30 each (these have nice long leaves and are on their way to developing good height)

The small and medium plants are a great value as they'll grow out for you - all it takes is a little patience.

-Staurogyne Repens - beautiful low maintenance bright-green ground cover - once established just "mow" it about once/month or so (or not at all if you like it a little taller) - 12 plants for $6

-Ludwigia Aromatica - gorgeous stem with pink and yellow-green leaves - 5 stems for $8

-Ludwigia Arcuata - like above but with finer greener leaves - 5 stems for $9

-H. Difformis (Water Sprite) - soaks up nutrients like mad in new tanks, super easy to grow, bright green, good surface cover for fry and shy fish - will grow in ground or floating just as well - 6 plants for $9

-Amazon Frogbit - most robust floating plant, soaks up nutrients nicely in new tank setups, provides cover for fry and small fish - 20 nice large robust plants only $6

-Large Bright Green Amazon Sword - great mid- or background plant contrasting with darker green or colorful foreground plants of all sizes, already 16 in. long only $8

current) - rhizome with a bunch of leaves $10

-Anubias Nana - great for communicating larger scale in small to large tanks, very hardy, rhizome with 6-8 leaves $5

-Anubias Nana Petite - great for communicating larger scale in small spaces thanks to the very small petite leaves, very hardy, rhizome with 8-10 leaves $5

-Echinodorus Vesuvius - curliest Echinodorus you've ever seen - 5 plants for $9

-Marsilea Minuta - (a very low maintenance ground cover that works even
in lower light tanks) $5 for dozen nodes

More new plants coming soon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.