Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
The best effect is to spray or dip the algae while it’s out of tank water. If the algae is on the plant don’t expose it longer than 20 seconds or it will hurt the plant. On equipments and hardscape, the longer the better.

2nd option is to inject Directly At the algae while in the water. Leave the filter off for 30 minutes to an hour. Don’t exceed more than 1.5 ml/ gallon.

3rd option To dose the entire tank while the filter is off for 30 mins to an hour. Don’t exceed 1.5 ml/gallon.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Wait a few days, the algae should turn red and die. If not, try again in a week. The H2O2 does hurt the filter bacteria a bit. That's one of the reason you turn it off for a time.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Scrubbing, syphon the debri and H2O2 the spot helps.

Fix your other issues too like too much micros/iron, light, CO2. If you have mulm in your tank, clean that up helps also clean the mulm out the filter.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I rarely get BBA in my low tech dirt tanks because I don't add ferts in the water. All the nutrients are in the substrate. Maybe you can add nutrients in the substrate and reduce water column ferts.

I have legs on the Finnex. An inch doesn't make a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.