Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29 gallon planted tank. I was wondering if the hagen co 2 system would work on it, or am i wasting my money? I have 60 watts of light on the tank. Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
49 Posts
29g is a little too much I think.

However, I still think you should consider buying it and here is why:

1. You get a Hagen Ladder with it, and you probably don't have another means of diffusing CO2 into your water column.

2. You can use Hagen canister as a condensate trap for a 3L bottle based DIY CO2 system. This is nice, because it comes with a bracket so you can hang it right on the back of your tank.

You could use 2 x 3L bottles with yeast mix (2.5 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp yeast, fill with tank water to the shoulders of each bottle). Drill holes in your caps, 1/16" smaller than the tubing outer diameter and pull the tubing through (it will be air tight due to friction).

Plumb the 2 3L bottles together with a T valve and run the tubing to the Hagen CO2 can (you'll need to drill an additional hole in that too). Run the exit tube from the Hagen can to your Hagen Ladder in the tank.

It will take about a day for the CO2 to get up to snuff, so I would suggest getting 4, 3L bottles, and setting up 2 the day before you need to make a switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering if i didnt use the diy are there any other complete systems that are recommended for this size tank....thanks again Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts