Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
How did you put the moss in the mesh initially? Did you pick it apart and put in a few pieces at a time? I've tried both sandwiching the moss between pieces as well as poking bunches into the mesh. But neither seem to look like they should... yours does though, what's the secret? :)

Michael

·
Registered
130 Posts
How did you put the moss in the mesh initially? Did you pick it apart and put in a few pieces at a time? I've tried both sandwiching the moss between pieces as well as poking bunches into the mesh. But neither seem to look like they should... yours does though, what's the secret? :)

Michael
are you using x-mas moss i think that may be the trick im not sure common java would branch as nicley, but I dont know just a thought?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was assured that it is... it's a slow grower and it is growing, but I think because I put it in as little bunches, it doesn't look like that yet. Maybe when it gets denser it'll look right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
give it time I guess, by the way your about as tank crazy as me, nice 240 with discus!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I dissected the strands and placed them in a thin layer covering the piece of mesh with the tip of the frond pointing south. I sandwiched the moss between two pieces of mesh which were zip tied together. They were not poking out until they began growing outward through the mesh. It has taken a couple of months for it to look like it does now.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
come on moss, grow faster!!! :D

Don't let your hardscape get completely overtaken by the moss, that's a nice portion of why the scape works for me....

Once the mosses fill in I'd suggest making a little bit of a slope with the substrate and 'bury' a little bit the bottoms of the rock to add to the depth of the layout....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Could you post some pictures of it? I'd like to see how far it's come over the last year. I love the moss wall but can only see random google images.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looking forward to updates as well.:D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts