Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
The large rock looks out of place in comparison to the others. It looks at least double the size of the next largest rock, which creates a discontinuity for me. I think you should seek to minimize its profile, creating something more in line with the others.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I do agree with you, Im at a loss. The large rock is much bigger than I expected it to be (when ordered) and am not sure how to reconcile it's use with the 10 gal tank/other rocks. Any suggestion as to how I would go about doing such a thing? I could take a rock hammer to it but that is leaving it up to chance...and laying it flat just takes up too much tank space.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like the large rock. So many nice hardscapes get lost when the plants grow in; I don't think you will need to worry about it with your setup. My vote is for #2.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im thinking about getting a smaller rock for layout. The problem is that the plants Ill be using are HC, Dwarf Hairgrass and maybe some Blyxia Japonica...this doesnt leave a lot of room for rocks to be covered by plants and consequently very little will be obscured...ill post when I get a new rock...Im thinking one about 2/3 the size...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts