Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Can anyone suggest a good place in town for rocks/stones for a small (10 gallon) layout? I've been to the fish gallery and they have some ok stuff, but I was really wondering if anyone could recommend a shop that specializes in rocks and would have a wider selection... and maybe wouldn't mind if I put muriatic acid on their stuff :wink: haha

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi all! Can anyone suggest a good place in town for rocks/stones for a small (10 gallon) layout? I've been to the fish gallery and they have some ok stuff, but I was really wondering if anyone could recommend a shop that specializes in rocks and would have a wider selection... and maybe wouldn't mind if I put muriatic acid on their stuff :wink: haha

Thanks,
Nick
Nick, try some stoneyards around the town. Most of the stones found around Houston are calcareous. But you could ask them for Texas fossil rock. There are a few others which are also good.

Thanks
Bhushan

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
There is a place called Natural Earth Products Company (NEPCO) on Stancliff off 59 South. It is open until 12 noon on Saturdays. Its a lot cheaper than FG, plus you can get extra for your garden!

·
Registered
654 Posts
There is a place called Natural Earth Products Company (NEPCO) on Stancliff off 59 South. It is open until 12 noon on Saturdays. Its a lot cheaper than FG, plus you can get extra for your garden!
Your'e giving away all our secret! :spy: Yes, I second this place. This is where most of us on the SW side of town go and ADG go there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts