Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'd like to add a few more kuhli's to my tank so I will actually see them more often. I made them a slate cave - which they love - but I'd like to see them venturing out more and hanging out in my plants. I planted a forest of rotala just for them! However, I'm wondering if my ever increasing guppy family has caused me to hit my fish keeping limit? I have about 20 guppies (most of them fry), and 4 kuhli's. My 20G tall is exploding with plants and has been very stable so far (8 months, except for one blip caused by very high temps) - NO2 and NH3 are not detectable, even with extra food added. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I think you'd be safe adding a few more kuhli's to the tank since you have it heavily planted. As long as you keep the adult population of guppies from exploding you should be fine, the fry don't add much to the bioload.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yeah, i have a similar situation except mine is a 20 gallon long and i have about 100 cherry shrimps too. i think you'll be fine. just have to keep finding good homes for the guppies as they grow

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! I put in 3 more kuhli's and they seem to be much more comfortable and are I hiding less. As I hoped, they are snuggling up to and into all the plants especially the red nesaea that I just planted. Not many of the new fry are surviving for long as my teenaged fry are hungry! In a couple of months I plan on establishing a new tank for the females, as they are getting constantly pestered by the horny teenage males. haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts