Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the first place i had my 150w heater set at 86d on my 60g aquarium.The thermometer was only reading 82.So i called the company and they said you need to caliberate it so i did and two days later the thermometer still read 82.I dont know what to do if i should keep a jager heater or buy another one.What would someone recommend to be a good heater that would be percise at giving me 86d.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Your 150w heater lists a max tank size of 60g and it may not be capable of keeping the tank at 86 depending on your room temp.

What is the difference between your room temperature and the tank temp? A lot of heaters will struggle to overcome much more than about a 10 degree difference. Add that to the fact that your tank is at the max size recommendation for your heater and that may be your problem.

Before considering a new heater have you checked the accuracy of the thermometer or used a second thermometer to verify?

If you have another thermometer that reads the same, I would either purchase a larger heater or a second, smaller heater. Jagers are about all I use and I have no problems with them maintaining temps up to about 78. I've never had a need to go higher than that...I assume you are keeping Discus with those high temps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.