Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey robert. Are you going to be carrying these anymore?

My downoi that I got from you is doing so great it's just about taken over the tank!! I'd like to thin some of the foreground out and replace it with HC... but I don't want to mess with planting the stuff, 'pregrown' rocks would be easier :D

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Well, I wasn't planning to. During the time I sold it, I had mixed reactions on it from my customers. Many people had problems getting it to grow, and others complained they were too small to begin with.

I can get it specifically for you if you want me too, but I think the minimum would have to be 12, and I would have to time it with my next order which could be two or three weeks depending on when you would decide you want them. I will probably have an order next week that I could add it to, after that it would be a couple weeks. I wouldn't mind buying back the P. helferi from you though, in trade or whatever.

I think you would find it much easier to get it potted. There is usually more HC on the pot than on the rock.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmm... ok.

Yeah I wouldn't have anywhere to put 12 rocks lol.

How hard is the stuff to plant and keep in the substrate? I'm using the seachem onyx sand and have shrimp and two dwarf corys to contend with.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Well you may want to ask some other people that question. I don't think your shrimp would bother it, but your cories might. I know Jeff Senske separates each pot into several little bundles leaving a small amount of the rockwool on each bundle which he says serves as an anchor to help keep it in place until it takes better root.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts