Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Again..

I have 10 gallon no filter or any tech to create water movement. Heater is needed because nights can get pretty chilly here in Finland even on summer.

My problem is that, even the tank is small the temperature is not the same all over the tank. I keep it in 24 degrees of Celsius (about 75 fahrenheit) but in the mornings the temperature has fallen to 21 Celsius (about 70F).

I measure temperature from one end of the tank and heater on the other corner. Heater shows the desired temperature all the time so probably the temperature around the heater stays constant.

My question is that is the change harmful to Neocaridina and Boraras? Or should I come up with a different solution to heat the tank..

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try placing the heater horizontal at the bottom (if submersible) of the tank. Also cover the tank for heat retention.
Thanks. The tank is covered and it doesn't help, but I'll try putting the heater to bottom of the tank and see if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
That slight difference in temperature will not hurt your fish. Heated tanks with no circulation often have slightly higher temperature at the top or during the day. This variation is often found in nature, and the fish move from one temperature zone to another as they choose.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That slight difference in temperature will not hurt your fish. Heated tanks with no circulation often have slightly higher temperature at the top or during the day. This variation is often found in nature, and the fish move from one temperature zone to another as they choose.
Thank you👍🏻 That was my thought also. In nature it can't simply be same temperature in every place. And the fish seem to be alright with this also.. Shrimps in my understanding do also fine even if the temperature goes down a bit.

·
Banned
323 Posts
You should be fine if you do it sideways, both my tanks have no tech and the fish are all thriving inside!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts