Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and to this beautiful hobby. I just got my tank a few months ago and just recently decided to try raising a planted tank. Ive seen many of the other members pics (CrownMan, MacFan, Jaxon777, Tex Gal just to name a few) and am very impressed.
I currently have a 10g tank, with DIY Co2, and the DIY Co2 reactor I got from a thread on this site (posted by Niko I believe). I picked up a few stems of Hygrophila Difformis, and one of those cool looking banana plants from the Pet O Rama in Bedford just to test my setup. The Hygrophila seems to be doing great, its growing like crazy and have to trim it a few times a week.
I'd like to try some Glosso in my tank, from the way Ive described my tank do you guys think it'll do alright or are there some things I change or invest in? I'm open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just using the two five inch 15watt bulbs that came with the tank and I have six little guppies in there. For substrate I have black aquarium gravel.
I'm not familiar with the terms Macros and Micros. Could you explain those to me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few pics of my tank and the lights I'm using.

I use something I got from Petco called API Leaf Zone in my tank weekly, I'm not sure if it falls into the fertilizer category.

Thank you everyone for all the knowledge and advice you've shared with me. I look forward to meeting all of you at Novembers meeting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.