Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear All,

I am new to this forum and this community as well. Got my first 10gal tank with 6 fishes 3 zebra danios, 1 white skirt tetra, 1 molly and 1 pleco.
One of my zebra danio's is a very small, and it keeps going near the filter all the time. It got sucked into it 3 times till now, first two times it was ok but this time its really hurt. Can't swim, tries to swim a little bit but cant go far and it hasn't had anything to eat since last 2 days. I am very concerned for my little guy, any suggestions on what should be done as I am a newbie, so don't have much clue what to do now :confused:

Thanks!!

Edit: I am sorry, I realized after posting this message that I have written it in the wrong community

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome to APC!

Sorry to hear of the trouble with your danio.
In many cases, when you get new fish they are weak from the stress of being moved, so that's probably why yours got caught in the filter. Is it still alive? If so, try posting your question in the fish section so you get more replies. :)

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :D

Sorry to hear about your fish. You may also want to think about putting a sponge over your filter intake to keep fish from getting sucked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts