Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is Kshetrajna from Bangalore,India. I am right now in the process of setting up my first planted tank....i wanted it to be a diy project...here are the equipment i have right now...
My self made tank(22 gallon)
DIY CO2 reactor
DIY Canister filter
river sand...

now i need to get a good hood...any suggestions about the type of light i should have?
and also the plants i can use.....i wanted to kind of make the tank an amazon styled heavily planted tank.....
and also some easily available carpet plants in this part of the world(or a dealer who will deliver to India)....

Thanking all you guys in advance

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What is the size of your tank? This will help you decide if you can buy one or if you have to make one yourself.

As for the light, considering the fact that you're using CO2 and a heavily planted tank, I'd recommend that you go for T5HO fluorescent bulbs. If you can get Giesemann bulbs in India, I'd recommend them. Go for the 6500K bulbs for plant growth.

As for plant delivery, I do know that there is an eBay store called Aquatic Magic that is locate in Johor Bahru in Malaysia who ships internationally. You may want to get in touch with them.

Also, there's another member of the forum from Bangalore (plantblr). His name is Ravi also. You may want to get in touch with him to share your interest and get help with plants available in Bangalore.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the suggestions.....
well my tank is 90*30*30(in cms)
and any suggestions regarding what plants i can have....and also the level of difficulty in growing them..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are there local fish shops or firends that might give you an idea of what is locally available? You can also use the plant finder tab/option on the top of this page to find and learn about many plants. It sounds like you have an interesting project ahead of you.

Best wishes and please keep us updated.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome to APC Kshetrajna!

You should also post your questions in the regular forums so they get more coverage. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the reply guys...i guess il shift to the regular forums from now on...and ya i will try the plant finder now...

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts